There and back again...

What inspires me today...
Travel blogs.

It seems as though everyone is traveling to great and exciting places, journeys all worthy of the many blogs out there devoted to them.  I was complaining to myself the other day about how I don't have a travel blog, but then realized this was no ones fault but my own.

Am I in my hometown right now? No.

Have I packed up all my belongings and moved them to an unfamiliar place for a month before moving into my new house? Yes.

So, naturally, I am going to show you the travel blog of my morning run up here on the wild and uncharted mesa.

 

Local Art: 
  
 

Strange wildlife:

Local Shaman and Witch Houses: 
 

"Kitch" is the local term for this: 


 


National Identity:
 

 


The locals:
  

People who don't look like their children: 
  

People who do look like their dogs:  
  

Spectacular views: 
 





Local commerce and trade:


 Metaphor:

The moon and stars just are brighter here:

With only a few short weeks left in this strange and wonderful place, I know that my life has changed, and will soon face the realities of reverse culture-shock.  Luckily, thanks to my camera phone and 2.1 megapixel camera, I was able to capture some of the memories.  I hope to one day return to this magical land, and visit my home-stay family.

2 comments:

  1. I hope every single one of those people find this blog one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous much? don't make fun of my journey.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails