Grow up.

What inspires me today...
The big kids.

There are three purchases in life that mark growing up.  The media has been pumping out adds for these trademark items for years, and finally, in the past few months, I've found myself making a few of these important and live-altering spending decisions into woman/adulthood.  I'm going to be redundant here, since if you've read a magazine/watched tv/seen a billboard, you know already what items I am talking about.  But just in case you live in a cave, here they are.


1. Perfume
Yes, it was inexpensive, no Chanel #5 for me, but not so low as Gap's "Dream," which everyone but me seemed to wear in the mid 90's, either.  This is a big step, allowing me to finally mark my place in this world, or at least on the fancy occasions onceinawhile I choose to wear it to.




 
2. Lipstick
I bought lipstick.  Why?  I don't know.  Rite-Aid has this bizarre effect on my normally sensible and frugal ways, where suddenly I need things that I never needed before.  I go in there looking for a scoop of dollar ice cream, and walk out with a mew mascara and some red lipstick.  Something about 2-for-1 is irresistible.
Times I've worn it: 3







3. A Watch
Some may think that this is a normal, everyday item that most children have.  However, I was not most children.  Watches were never a thing that I considered wearing, let alone spending money on.  Why would I drop more money on a watch, when I'm paying for that time ap on my phone?  But, one dollar is hard to argue with.  So, although my watch may not work (yet) I still am in full ownership of it.  And that, dear readers, means something. 




Sure, I also got a job and signed a lease, but I now am fully capable of looking, smelling, and timing like a full-fledged adult, which is what really matters.
Get ready, world.

This works for men too.  
The equivalent would be: cologne, boxer briefs, and... a watch.

2 comments:

  1. Don't kid yourself (pun intended) you're still a child, lease or not. CONDO LIVING!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2.1 megapixels on that last killer shot??

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails