All God's Children Got Shoes.

What inspires me today...
Super glue.

This always happens to my shoes:

my actual $4 shoe.

The destruction pictured above, or some variation of this, is how many of my shoes meet their tragic end (after a few more accidental days of wear).  Most of my shoes are vintage, or purchased for under $10, so one year of use generally ends in the same way: sole separating from body (very metaphysical).

My solution to this common and widespread problem?
Super glue.

80% of my shoes have been super glued at one point in time, adding 1 day to 1 year to their lifespan.  Guaranteed.  It practically pays for itself.  The trick with gluing shoes is timing.  Waiting long enough for the glue to get tacky, without letting it dry.  Trust me, with ample practice, you will get a hang of it. 

splurge and get the $2.99 "goof proof" grip.  I sure did.


"We are all superglue in the shoe of God." -Mother Teresa 

Some have said to me, "Hey, Katie, why don't you just buy better shoes, or ones that don't have a bottom that is going to fall apart and fill with holes when you walk on anything besides chinchilla fur because it is literally made of cloth and cardboard?"

To them I say: I generally just like shoes with poorly made soles, but can't afford Toms.

I know you are wondering, and the answer is yes; unfortunately, my Rite-Aid funstep slip-ons [pictured above] are beyond even the help of the amazing power of super glue, and will not live to walk another day.

Happy gluing everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails