What's lookin' good cookin'?

What inspires me today...
Baking.
Already established facts: 
  • I am not what one would call a "chef."
  • In Spanish class, I do not list "cocinar" as one of my hobbies.
  • I have very simple tastes.
  • If it can't be blended or tossed with dressing/beans and rice, I have no use for it.
That being said, once in a blue moon I have a flash of inspiration/hunger and the domestic goddess comes hence from the depths of my soul where I keep her hidden, and whips up something magical in the kitchen.

The other night, there was one of those moons.

At Vons (a popular grocery store) right next to those golden bunches of bananas, there are little paper bags labeled: RIPE.  As I scanned back and forth between the two, trying to decide on the best purchase, I realized that on said bag there was a recipe for, you guessed it, banana bread.  (It may have also been the .25 per pound as opposed to .69 per pound...)

So, in the second installment of Katie Can Cook, I bake for you: 
Banana Bread

AND, since I am far too lazy to write out all the ingredients/process to make banana bread, one which you can find on any website/discount bag of RIPE bananas at Vons, I will just tell you that it is delicious.  

A helpful visual aid

I made two loaves, both of which disappeared by the next day, save one tiny piece.  What is it about the very last piece...  No one ever wants to be the one to finish the loaf.

2 comments:

  1. I don't quite know what to think when spanish-speaking katie and domestic katie merge.

    i will take full responsibility for eating about 1/2 of one of those loaves. DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails