Chirp chirp

What inspires me today...
Twits.

Here is something I don't understand (and yes, surprisingly, there are still things I don't understand):
Twitter. 

I don't get it.

Yes, it has been explained to me on more than one occasion.  I understand what "trending" is.  I get how/why you'd @ something.  It took me a while, but I now call it "tweeting" instead of "Twitting" or other less appropriate variations.  The re-tweeting is still mostly a gray area, but I understand the general concept.  But I still don't GET it.

I feel like I have things to say on a semi-regular basis.  I am, after all, an active member of my generation, raised on stubborn individualism and self-indulgence.  But somehow, every time I sign on to my Twitty I become speechless.  Every ounce of wit disappears, and everything I did that day seems pointless to share with all 16 of my anxiously waiting followers. 

So far, I have posted 4 times in the year I've had a Twit account.

I don't know why I freeze every time the little blue bird pops up on my screen, but the fact of the matter is, I probably am just not cut out to maintain a widely read/adored/praised/fascinating blog as well as an equally awesome and perfect and wonderful twitter account.  It's not humanly possible.

For that kind of super-human ability, I would need one of these babies:

I don't have 4 or any G.

Here's another problem: On the rare occasion I open my flutter account, I am never interested in what the people on there have to say.  I'm not trying to slam the 12 people that I follow, you're all great and funny/interesting in person, I'm just saying that unless it's Lil Wayne detailing every minute and minute detail of every day, I'm generally not going to be that interested.   Even SciFi channel Tweaks aren't enthralling.  I guess I also haven't checked recently(ever) to see if Lil Wayne maintains a Twitter account. 

So maybe I owe it another chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails