Close the laundry door

What inspires me today...
Piles.

Do you ever get to the end of the week and realize, hey, I told myself last weekend that I was going to do my laundry.  And then proceed to remember the weekend before that where the same epiphany came upon you... And the weekend before that...?  I know I sure did.  Hence why my floor looked like this when I opened my closet after quite a few passing weekends of no laundry:

I don't think I own enough patterned items.

Laundry day.  The day I realized that it wasn't that I didn't have any clothes and needed to buy more... It's just that they're all stuffed into a little mesh hamper, brimming over the edge.  First time doing laundry in the new house...

Also, to add to the list of firsts on this squeaky clean day, I bleached a load of whites.  Did I know what I was doing? No.  Did I manage to get a strawberry stain out of the front of my white dress?  You better believe it.  

Postwar.
(Good thing I hadn't put my phone through the wash cycle like I originally thought I had... Or else no pictures for you, dearest blog reader.)

Moral of the story: don't wait many weeks to do your laundry.  

Better moral: DO wait many weeks to do your laundry.  It's like getting a whole new wardrobe when you reach the pants you haven't seen in a month and had mostly forgotten.

Best moral: bleach is bad for nature... But if forced to choose one nature-killing substance to use, and the rest disappear, I choose bleach.  Any day of the week.

Post script: This all occurred on Friday.  It is now Tuesday night and I still have a few little piles of clean laundry to put away.  Maybe I will just wear all the clothes in the piles until they're dirty... Saves me a step.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails