Altars.

What inspires me today...
Progress.

Milestones become strikingly clear when you realize that cynicism and critical tearing-apart is no longer your default lens to view the world, but rather one among many.

It's bizarre hearing someone rattle off almost verbatim the nice-sounding rants my heart used to feel so strongly about, and realizing that I am no longer yearning to join in.  I hate to admit that I finally know why others can sit back, smile, and hold firm that still and knowing look I used to discount as ignorance.

Council Crest, Portland, OR (Jay Lichtman)

These little markers in the hillside force me to look back and realize how far I have come, and that though there is an overwhelming expanse ahead, I'm at least going the right way.


"Everything changed the day he figured out there was exactly enough time for the important things in his life."
-Brian Andreas


Build an altar.  Remember progress.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails