Makes you weak all in your knees.

What inspires me today...
The sick bed.

Having taken ill for the past two weeks, I've had no choice but to come to a natural and well-founded conclusion: sickness was invented by the Vicks corporation.

To take a quick stock in what I have consumed in the past 14 days:

1 bottle of DayQuil
1 bottle of NyQuil
1 bottle of Robitussin
2 NyQuil tablets
1 bottle of Tylenol Cold syrup
4 Sudafed tablets
9 cups of throat coat tea
3 cups of cold care tea
1 cup of nasty homemade ginger concoction
2 Thereflu packets
1 Gingerbread tea latte

1 bag of echinacea cough drops

Staying home from work to catch up on every show I've ever watched an episode of: priceless.

While most illnesses end with going to the doctor, and enjoying a slow progression upwards, mine saw a doctor mid-way, then began a quick spiral down.  I'm going back to that sadist tomorrow to give him a piece of my mind through hand gestures and a frown.

Things I never really thought about, but now realized I have been taking for granted: 
1. The ability to swallow.
2. The ability to speak.

Things that I could have, according to WebMD: 
1. A common cold
2. Scarlet Fever
3. Thyroid cancer
4. Mumps

So, dear ones, before tucking yourself into bed tonight, remember these profound words of advice: Ignorance is bliss when trying to look out for your mental health and avoid having a panic attack from the possibility of influenza.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails