Wiki wiki

What inspires me today...
Ghosts

I love ghost stories.  I am not believing them fully as fact just yet, but come on, some of them are pretty convincing.  White powder footprints, stacks of pennies, music not able to be played in certain rooms, hand prints appearing on mirrors, blood spots on fireplaces that appear time and time again after being cleaned...  And those are just from one person who heard it from their friend whose sister actually experienced it!

Improbable: Yes.
Impossible: I'm not a scientist.
Awesome: Without a doubt.

Regardless, what made me start this ramble is that someone in Proidencia, Chile read my blog yesterday.  

"¡Tenemos un zoológico!"

Now, if you are currently on Wikipedia right now (as you should be) search the city of Providencia, Chile and scroll to the bottom of the page (which isn't far, there isn't much going on in that city, apparently).  Here you will see the list of notable residents.  

Pablo Neruda is one of these residents of note. 

Why this is important/matters/not as random as you think: early on in my extensive and highly respected/admired blogging career (a few months back) I posted a Neruda poem.  In response, I wrote a small poem of my own.  It was a short and sweet sentiment, but with dire consequences.  
The facts are clear:  Pablo Neruda's ghost is haunting my blog.


Other fun facts about Providencia, Chile:
  • Large upper-middle-class population
  • Has a Teleférico, or an aerial gondola
  • Has an embassy of Italy, France, Russia, China, and Uruguay 
  • There is a 22m statue of the Virgin Mary
Wikipedia has WAY more information on ghosts than Providencia, Chile.  Since Wikipedia is the authority on everything, and Providencia has been verified as "existing," then I have no reason to doubt the existence of ghosts.  The logic is flawless and the evidence is overwhelming.

Can I keep you?

1 comment:

  1. your magnum opus.

    thank you, katie. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails